How to copy a previous b2match event for the organizers
If you have already organized an event with b2match in the past and you were the event owner, you can save valuable time and copy previous events settings and/or website. Afterwards, you can make further changes.
This article will guide you through the process in six steps.
1. Event ownership
Check if you are actually allowed to copy the desired event. You can do this by clicking on Past events on your organizer dashboard, then click the desired event and then on the Organizers tab. Find your name and check if your assigned status is Owner. If this is the case, you are ready to go.
If you are not the event owner, contact us and we will assign you the ownership (only possible if the past event ownership belongs to your organization, or you have an approval from the event owner).
2. Add basic event information
Go back to Events again and create a new event.
Here you simply need to fill out the requested information for the sections About event, Event description, Topic, Language, Time & place such as Domain & Website. You can find more information about that in our article Creating a New Event.
Please note that the system pre-fills the subdomain for your event (URL) based on the event title you added. Don't forget to edit it, if you wish to have a different event URL.
Please use only alphanumeric characters (a-z, 0-9). In addition, the hyphen (-) is permitted if it is surrounded by characters.
3. Copy settings
Select the event which you want to copy in the section Copy settings. In the dropdown menu Source event you can choose your past event that you want to copy.
Only the events for which you were listed as the owner will appear in the list.
4. Select the settings which will be copied
After selecting your desired past event, the settings which can be copied for the new event are displayed. By ticking an option box, you decide to copy the past event settings for this option. The ones you wish to leave out, simply untick.
What is being copied for the displayed settings?
- Website: including the menu pages
- Event Setup
- Agenda: sessions (descriptions, locations, identifiers, limits) and tracks
- Registration Settings: Areas of Activity, Participation Types, Organisation Types, Registration and Visibility rules
- Matchmaking Settings: Scheduling Mode, Rooking Mode, Booking Rules
No old meetings will be copied
- Marketplace: schema (enabled or not), classifiers
No participant marketplace entries will be copied
- Payment: Payment Settings, Tickets and Ticket Rules.
No actual payments will be copied
- Feedback Settings: Questions and Meeting Ratings.
No actual feedback given by participants will be copied
- Event Navigation: all the links and dropdown menus