The event matchmaking settings define how the matchmaking process works for the participants: the duration of the booking time frame and how are the meetings requested and scheduled.
Click on Configuration and open the Matchmaking Settings in order to set up the matchmaking process for the event. Here, you can adjust the booking time frame, the request and scheduling modes, whether you want to have matchmaking on long term or whether the meeting requests should expire.
Booking time frame
The booking time frame determines when participants can request meetings with other participants. You can adjust it at any given time, but keep in mind that outside this period the participants are unable to request, receive and accept meeting requests.
Read more here
The request mode determines how the meetings are booked, whether they are accepted automatically or have to be accepted by the participants.
Two request modes are possible within the b2match system:
- Requests have to be accepted or rejected by participants
Participants request meetings directly and the meetings have to be accepted by the guests.
- Requests are accepted automatically
Participants request meetings directly and the meetings are automatically accepted.
Meeting request expiration
Meeting request expiration determines how long a meeting request should stay open. Afterwards, it will automatically expire and meeting requests will get automatically canceled.
Read more here.
The scheduling mode determines how a time and location for a meeting is scheduled.
- Participants schedule meetings themselves when requesting
Participants will choose a time-slot when requesting a meeting. Other participant can then accept or reject that meeting. Setting Meeting request expiration is recommended if using this scheduling mode.
Participants schedule meetings themselves when accepting
Participants choose a time slot when accepting a meeting request. This mode is preferable when you want to make sure that participants know when their meeting will take place when the request is being accepted and when the organizer does not want to go through the process of scheduling meetings. It is important to mention that giving users the ability to freely choose time slots can lead to inefficient distributed meetings & potentially long waiting times for individuals.
Organizers schedule meetings manually
When a participant accepts a meeting request, the date and time will not be immediately available to the participants. Organizers will have to manually schedule the meeting with the help of the scheduler a few days prior to the event. This mode is preferable when you want to ensure that your meetings are scheduled in the most efficient possible way.
This leads to 5 possible combinations between the request and the scheduling mode, in order for the organizers to choose the one that serves their event’s best interest.
- Requests have to be accepted or rejected by participants and Participants schedule meetings themselves when requesting (Default)
- Requests have to be accepted or rejected by participants and Participants schedule meetings themselves when accepting
- Requests have to be accepted or rejected by participants and Organizers schedule meetings manually
- Requests are accepted automatically and Participants schedule meetings themselves when booking
- Requests are accepted automatically and Organizers schedule meetings manually
More details here
The system's default are as follows:
- for physical & hybrid events the default scheduling mode is Participants schedule meetings themselves when accepting
- for virtual events the default scheduling mode is Participants schedule meetings themselves when requesting
- the default request mode for all event types is Requests have to be accepted or rejected by participants.
Meeting rescheduling gives the organizer the ability to enable or disable the meeting rescheduling among participants.
AI Meeting Recommendations
Enabling this feature will provide AI-powered profile recommendations to your participants with the goal of increasing booking numbers. The recommended profiles will be displayed on the Participant page and the Meetings page.
Read more here
Long term matchmaking
Virtual meetings can be managed by participants at any time, over days, weeks and even months. This feature is subject to additional charges.
Read more here.