The event owner and main organizers are able to define tickets for the event by following the steps below.
- Go to Configuration - Payments - Tickets.
- Click on Add Ticket.
- Add a title for your ticket and a description. Make these relevant for the participants, as they will appear in the registration.
- Add the amount to be paid for the ticket in the currency you have previously set up in Payments - Settings.
Encourage promotion code usage rather than free tickets. This will avoid the participants’ tendency to choose free or low-cost tickets and will give the organizer the ability to better control the payment process.
- Set a limit of tickets which can be sold in the system. The ticket will not be displayed anymore in the registration after the number of participants which you've set bought the ticket.
- Set a start and expiration date for your ticket. The ticket will not be displayed anymore in the registration after the expiration date.
- You can make the ticket visible for certain participation types only.
- You can choose which sessions are to be associated with the ticket.
Adding tickets on participant's behalf
As the event organizer, you are able to add tickets on the participant's behalf.
Before adding the ticket, make sure the following correspond: begin and end sale date, ticket limit if the ticket is enabled, the minimum and maximum number of the same tickets per person, and participation type.
You cannot add or change tickets if the participant's payment is paid or refunded.
You can add tickets to the participants even if the participation type does not match. In this case, the system will display a warning sign.
In order to arrange tickets in the organizer's tool, you can drag and drop the icon on the left side of the ticket's title. This is how the participants will see the tickets in registration.
The event owner and main organizers are able to set and implement promotion codes for the event by following the steps below.
- Go to Configuration - Payments - Tickets
- Click on Add Promotion Code
- Add the code. It may contain alphabetic characters, numbers, dashes or underscores. Example: FREE223 or free-123
- Set the discount amount or the percentage
- Set the promotion code limit, if the case
- Define the start date and/or expiration date.
The organizer is able to add promotion codes on the participant's behalf. Make sure you check the start and expiration date and the usage limit.
The system will display the number of promotion codes already in use.
Single ticket selection
The participants are able to select multiple tickets, not more than one of the same type. Also, these tickets are for one person, they cannot be transferred.
If you want to limit their choice to one ticket, go to Configuration - Payment - Settings - Ticket Selection Mode and enable the single ticket selection mode. When enabled, participants will be able to select only one ticket at a time.
Ticket selection in the Participants list
You can search participants and create a filter based on the ticket that they acquired.
Go to Participants and Advanced search. In the Tickets section, choose your ticket.
Name your filter and save it if you will use it again. Afterwards it will be visible on the participants' page in the organizer's tool, in Predefined Filters.